Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Figuring it all out....

I was walking through the hall of my school today, and somewhere along the way, I caught a smell that was more than familiar. Someone was cooking something in their class and combined with the smell of children, teacher perfume, and an old building, I was brought right back to Komsomolsk.
It isn't a happy smell like Pumpkin Spice that you smell in the fall, nor a flowery smell like in the Spring. It's just a smell that makes you remember..What I remember makes me want to go back. What I remember, makes me want to spend the rest of my life helping. I have wanted to be a part of the 501 (c) 3 world for a long time, and everyday Missy and I work just a bit on figuring it all out.
We are so blessed by our children. I have a very grim feeling about the future of Russian Adoption by Americans. It seems to be a combination of political pressures in country, and agency snafus that are turning the whole process into an unfortunate process.

Missy and I want to make a difference in the lives of those left behind. We know that the funding will run out and there will be a boatload of children being sent back to the orphanage, and we want to be there to help when they start.

No comments: