Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Saturday

I have been trying to get in my "quiet time" every day this week. I sadly report I have had NONE. That's the thing about quiet time, it's very tough to find.
I actually didn't read the Bible once this week. Forgot to recycle Many Diet Coke cans, and now I am looking back on the food I have eaten. Eeeww. Tomorrow is another day.

I haven't heard back from the principal at AAS in St. Petersburg. I sent him my honest reasons for wanting to go. I was also pretty clear that unless my mother could go, I couldn't go. My mother drives me absolutely crazy, but she is the grandmother I never had, my children adore her, and I cannot leave my littlest daughter in the care of a stranger if I was so far away.
As it turns out, my mother has a very serious health condition right now and needs to have several corotid artery surgeries. She has pretty severe blockages on both sides as well as blockages in lesser arteries in the back. We have incredible vascular surgeons here, and she will be starting the process very soon. Each surgery will require her to be hospitalized for a day or so, and the surgeries will be spread out. We are looking at April or May to see the end of the process. When my mom shared the results of the extensive tests she had been having, I was very quiet. I am not afraid. I just want to get it done.

My own situation is a bit better, and I have not had any episodes since the Sunday after Christmas. I am always ready for them.

My girls are doing great. AugustRose refuses to potty train. She is the tallest 2 1/2 year old and its like changing a 5 year old's diaper. But whatever. I think that she has a little trauma from the baby home so I won't push her.
Anna has another loose tooth. It is the lower middle tooth in the front. She is thrilled that the Tooth Fairy will come again soon.

I got an email from the director of COH. She was upset that I had said some negative things about the agency on FRUA. I took my negative comments down. In my heart, I don't want to hurt Linda P.
No matter what she is like, she helped to give me my girls and I don't want to kick a dog when its down. So for now, I will just ask that you pray for them.
Maybe things will turn around for them.

So on this Saturday, I will listen.

1 comment:

Annie said...

One parenting thing I learned is: don't rush the potty training. I am glad my oldest isn't traumatized. In the end he was nearly 4.... But it was effortless. Nothing. No upset, no worries. AND - when we were out doing stuff, I never had to look with desperation for a bathroom!

If I had it to do over with, I would trust my children's natural instincts and not rush them. Every time I tried it was NOT a success.