Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Brown Eyed Girl

So if you got to look at that pleasant little face everyday, How Happy Would You Be?
The best part is, she acts just like she looks in this picture. Just a sweet little delicious bit of golden loveliness...


Well, the snow is all but melted away and we are left with little piles here and there. My girls will make a snow person out of whatever they can. Here is the snow baby they made on Friday.


My mom is much better and went to her doctor on Friday. Everything in her neck looks good and the blood flow is back to full force. She will be having another sonogram in 5 weeks to check the other side. It was not as bad, and after taking her medication, it has repaired itself a bit. They are still thinking she will have another carotid and endectorotomy, during the first week of April, but he is thinking it will be much less severe. Thank God this went well. I cannot make it without my mother.


My dad will be leaving tomorrow. He has been here to be the "Manny" for the week. It gets more and more difficult to watch him leave. My girls are so attached to him. Since bringing home Anna almost 5 years ago, he has managed to be here about once every 6 weeks. Lately he has been here a lot more. It's tough on him too. He is so ready to retire and come up here for good. But he has that wonderful beach house he has to sell before he can retire. We all know how the real estate market is so I am not hopeful. He also has a house on the river in Fort Myers. So we need two major real estate transactions to occur soon...

As for all of my Russian plots, plans, a schemes, nothing has changed. I don't think I will make to Russia this summer, but will have a whole year to prepare for a trip in the summer of 10..I guess we will be in Florida again for the whole summer. If any of you want to come, I will be there all of July, and into the August. Honestly, it is not huge, but has 3 bedrooms. So pack your swim suits and come on down!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

That's a shame? Why not?

I have come to the conclusion that I am also stymied. With my husband in Korea, I am "it". I realize that I'd NEVER be able to afford to take all of them, and more than that....Ilya is not ready to go back to Russia. He has not become sufficiently "American" yet. I wouldn't put it past him, at this point, to think that living on the street in Russia would be preferable to being unable to be fully engaged in school here.

Ah, well.....