Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Maybe He Really Does Open Windows...

So maybe there are other ways of getting to Russia for a while. Maybe AAS isn't the only option. I trusted that it was the only option since the State Department refers families to it. But honestly, maybe other schools are worth a second look. I just might take that second look. Or third.
I am still in denial that I won't get a raise next year. Even though my coworker is the VP of the union in our county and has all but promised me we won't, and let me know to get ready for even more students... So why work this hard, get paid this little, and not even get to find one decent bowl of borsht.
Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, believe it! None of the teachers locally will get raises. At our diocese last week, they had a big meeting to announce that they CUT lots of positions completely. And, they reduced the hours of many employees - now they work 30 0r 25 hours and are paid commensurately. The nice thing, I guess, is that they were trying to help people keep their medical insurance....

I am frankly terrified. Due to the fact that we have all lost our jobs and are just hoping to get a new one in our new, "revised" parish, I suppose I'll just need to be happy working. But I expect that the salaries won't be the same.

My husband is thinking that maybe I should also also come and get a job in Korea....I am not sure why, but he is not into going to Russia. :(

MoscowMom said...

I know, I know... Fingers crossed... Isn't the internet an amazing thing? Without our blogs, it would be so much harder for these "windows" to possibly open -- or to even FIND the shut ones! I'll keep my eyes open for any other possibilities, too...