Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is a FarEast Prayer

As of Saturday, about 10 families are either in or almost in the FarEast. Many are BOH 2007 families going to finalize there adoptions. Part of me is jealous that I am not one of them, but a bigger part of me hopes and prays that all goes well for those families. My request is that you pray for those families. Pray that the children have easy transitions. Pray that those families find an absolute love for the FarEast and Pray that all goes well on their return trips home.

As for me, I am just investigating options of other schools in Moscow that might have openings for an experienced teacher. I realize that all of this is a dream of mine, and I have to pursue it. If it turns out that I don't get a job now, then I accept that with my whole heart. I could use prayer on this. I don't want to force my dream onto my parents. (Who would take turns coming to Moscow)

And a note about my parents.
I was at school sharing that I am still pursuing jobs in Russia, most of my friends said, "What will your parents do?" They all know how attached my parents are to my girls. I shared that they would take turns coming over for a couple of months. So many said how great that is. I guess I don't say it enough. I adore my parents. We are so close that they would literally move half-way around the world to be with us...
So mom and dad, I love you. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for loving my dreams.

1 comment:

Annie said...

You really are blessed. I, too, have extraordinary parents. My dad passed away, but he is still so much a part of my life. I think of him all the time....and my mom is wonderful. NOT the sort of parents to dote on my children, exactly...but the BEST people.

Yes! DO share any leads. Things around here are dissolving into such an economic slough of misery that I can't help but think - if I'm going to be poor, I might as well be having an adventure out of it!