Wednesday, March 04, 2009

This is for you Kate

Okay, weird morning...
When I was adopting Anna, I went outside and saw a dove on my fence. I just happened to look up on my trellis and see a nest. I looked inside and there were two baby doves. I saw it as a sign. Not too long after that I got my court date. The next year the dove was back.
Today we heard noises in our ceiling at school. We thought it was a rat or squirrel..It was very loud and moved quickly. The custodian looked up and saw that it was a bird and a baby bird. They were trying to get to each other and escape...
The mother bird somehow broke through the ceiling and was flying around my room. The baby ended up in my coworkers class.
We got the kids out and opened all of our windows and the birds were free.

Kate, your little bird is on its way to you. Soon, I just know it.
Maybe not today, but very soon and before the spring......


Edited during the weekend...

Yes there were more birds. My coworker ended up with another bird in her class. So that is two birds and my big bird!
BUT, there are now lots of birds... At least 10 birds ended up in our wing...So NOW, I think not only will Kate find her little chickadees, but hopefully other families will too!
The county came in and repaired the holes in the roof so there shouldn't be anymore birds in our rooms. I think my favorite is a 1st grade teacher had a bird lift the ceiling tile, poke his little head through, and then wiggle out and begin flying around her room. It made its way to her teacher area and pooped on her desk. (That teaacher is 7 months pregnant) As she was trying to shoo it away, it flew into the hall, worked it's way down the hall and ended up in the room of another teacher. It pushed the ceiling tile UP and got back into the ceiling!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

This just made me so happy! What a sweet story....and I believe in signs, too.

kate said...

Thanks, J! One little baby bird...

(I would have FREAKED. Birds scare me. But, I'll take this as a GOOD sign since the bird was in your classroom and not mine.)

I love it.

kate said...

I like the image of the Mommy bird and the baby bird trying to get to each other. ;> Had to come back and tell you.

Let me know if you see them again!

kate said...

I hope I'm the first bird and not the desk that got pooped on. I suspect I may be the elusive one--popping in and out of the ceiling.

(I would SO not be a happy teacher if there were going on in my classroom!)