Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dear God

I am writing to say that lately I haven't shared my joy enough. I have worried and complained. I should be happy in all things, and for a few months I have been very selfish, me, me, my children, me and more me...
I am waking up today, the day of my baby's birthday thinking of the amazing journey my family has been on for the past 5 years..
So before the festivities begin, I want to say,
"You have been the light in the dark for me, you have been the answer to curiously, sad, awful questions. You have blessed my heart, when it needed blessing, You have challenged my mind when it needed to be thinking, You have given me what I need and not always what I want...Today, I am remembering that my God, my Lord and Savior I am thankful for my life, and will do everything I can to make you proud of the life I have...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen to that!

kate said...

I was feeling the same way myself this morning--a little joyless and in need of a good shake. ;>

Happy birthday to your baby! (Which baby? Your first baby or your second baby? Notice I didn't say LAST baby?) Tell her I'm glad she was born.

Christy said...

Just what I absolutely needed to read tonight...