Monday, June 22, 2009

An Available Child

I know there are many out there who are considering a child with special needs. I have just learned that there is a little girl in Siberia who was born on February of 2007 that is waiting for her forever family. She has tested positive for HepC. She was born premature. She has brown hair and brown eyes.
If you are waiting, or can prepare documents fast, then please consider this child.
If you would like more information about her, please call Linda at Cradle of Hope Adotion Center, in Silver Spring Maryland. Their number is 301-587-4400

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'd never want to adopt such a young child, but daydream about adding an 8 or 9 year old.... So I popped by your agency's site. It prompted a question that I've had a lot.... Why do some agencies say that the age criteria is 45 years older than the child, and others say 50? I think I even ran across one that said 48 or something different, yet. At first I figured it was region by region. Then I ran across a different agency working in our region that said "45" when I KNOW for a fact that it is 50 (and even older on occasion). For example a 60 year old woman I know adopted two teens and got their 8 year old brother in the bargain.

Ian said...

Has she tested positive recently for Hep C? Or just in the past? When we adopted in Moscow we were told by our doctors (American and Russian)that if the mother had Hep C then the child could test positive for the first year or so.