Friday, August 28, 2009

The New Dacha











So here it is...My new dacha~
The top two are obviously of the outside. What didn't really show up, is just beside the steps going down to the small little yard, there is a wooden fence. Just below the view, there is a lovely little creek. Awwww. A creek.
The next two are of the main floor. The dining area is small, but that's okay. I don't have a lot of dinner parties. The next one didn't show up well. It is the living room. (I should have opened those hideous sheers) It's a big picture window that looks over the small little yard and the sweet little creek. The living room is somewhat big. I finally get a room where ONLY GROWNUPS GO! There will be no tv here, no toys, no popcorn crumbs, and no one without proper id can come in...
I have a dining room suite but will sort of start over in the Living Room. I have so many ideas, but have two inspirations that I am working around. Green is one. The other is the lighting. I love the lamps, and will be searching for an affordable version of the Ralph Lauren lamp that I f
Each of these photos has something that I love. The one constant, is the light color solid colored sofa. The modern side tables and coffee tables don't work well in my mind so those are out. I follow the 60-30-10 rule and use Green, then white, then black. I have to now narrow down the actual green that I like. Two of these are very lime, which is fine, but then the darker, richer green on the bottom is nice too. I may have to do that thing where you pain a square on the wall with all of the colors I like and just see what works best. I wish one of those designer shows would come in and do this for me. Although it's fun, it will take a lot of work!!
I will post more photos later, but these two areas are the ones that are foremost on my mind.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Very nice. What color is your furniture now? Are you going with new furniture in your living room? Does the condo have a finished basement for the TV and lounging with the girls?

Jen Stevens said...

Ah, I love it! The little steps to the yard, sweet!!!
I adore green, so you have my stamp of approval. ;) And the lamps you'll have to check TJ Maxx or Marshalls, because I know I saw something very similar in there the other day. You could always come to Cincinnati and see for yourself, ya know.

kate said...

How exciting! This is a new house, right? Not just a weekend/summer retreat? Just wanted to make sure after your title. Either way, this looks amazing!

Jojo, Julz, Julianne said...

Hey Kate!!
I still can't see your blog, so its great to hear from you! Hope all is well and can't wait for you to take your blog public again.

Tina in CT said...

Thanks for your comment. Tonight is the first night of dog training and it's for the owners only.

Good luck on your upcoming back-to-school. You have a positive attitude.

I can't wait to hear how Natalia's first day was today in Moscow.