Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All I can think about is Disney World. Our vacation begins July 1st and will last until I decide I am ready to come home. After Disney we will be at the beach house. I just can't wait. As good as this year has been, I am really tired. I can't wait to walk to the ocean and look for dolphins and stingrays. I can't wait to smell the spray of suncreen on my babies. I can't wait to crack open a diet coke fresh from the little cooler. To take naps in the afternoon, then go back to the beach at late day to walk and explore the shore. To look for shells that have natural holes in them. To watch lizards run across my dad's driveway. To relax. To wake up and walk outside on the lenai and hear the waves, and to hope for a manatee sighting.
But for now, I look forward to my surgery.

6 comments:

Annie said...

My ONLY "break time" these days are a few blog minutes here and there (when I ought to be doing something else); even surgery sounds good. No one will be expecting you to do anything!

But, I don't think I've ever had a vacation, like you describe....can't think of a time, anyway. It sounds lovely.

Tina in CT said...

It sounds wonderful. Is your father's house right on the beach? I used to live summers at the beach on the CT shore and know the joy of being in bed and hearing the water lap on the rocks.

Jojo, Julz, Julianne said...

Tina,
My dad's condo is on the intercoastal. THere is a road that blocks the beach, so we have to walk about 100 yards to get to the sand! Poor us, huh? THe condo is for sale, so we appreciate it each year, knowing we might not get to go back...
it's awesome. and great for bonding time with my girlz!

Tina in CT said...

OMG, the Fl condo is up for sale. You will really miss it. Where is your father wanting to move? Sounds like a perfect location.

I bet he loves having you and the girls there for the summer.

I'm sure you all are counting the days.

I treasured all the years that I lived at the beach (1969 - 1989) from the day school got out to the day before it started.

kate said...

When is your surgery? Want to keep you covered. ;>

(You do make the beach sound nice, J. ;>)

Jen Stevens said...

Will be praying for you and your surgery. HUGS!!