Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home




Just like my girlz, I love a floral treat when I am down. Just as much as we love to receive treats, my dad loves to send them. He sent the tulips. Lee, the Florida BFF sent the stargazer lillies and plant. I need 'em both! Cause day 3 has not been good. I mean, it hasn't been awful, just more painful than I expected. Funny, the incision is only an inch or two long, but I swear I can feel every bit of "work" my doctor did on the inside. And about that. Advanced endometriosis. I knew this, but didn't know of the bowel involvement, appendix involvement, and of course the uterus was all messed up. He spent more time cleaning up After he removed everything than he expected. He said it should have been done a decade ago. Shoulda, coulda woulda!
I haven't left my house since coming home. My mom is here taking care of the girlz and boy do I appreciate it. I can't really do much at all. I end up laying down all day and sleeping. I thought I would feel more chipper by now, but I am not too worried yet since we are only in day 3. Sleeping is hard because I normally sleep on my tummy, and that is out of the question right now. I can see now that for the next few days I will be down, and then maybe next week I can start to move around more and more.
Thanks for all the well wishes! I am on the mend and plan to have some sort of fun while home over the next two weeks!

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sorry to hear that your not feeling as chipper as you thought you would be. Sounds like a lot of fiddling around was done on your insides so it's to be expected. Take it easy while you can.

Jen Stevens said...

I have been praying for you! From what I hear day 3 is the worst post-op day, but I can't remember. Hang in there and I will be thinking of you as I load boxes onto the truck tomorrow for the big move.

kate said...

So glad to hear you're home and on the mend! Hang in there, J.

Tina in CT said...

Home you have more of your bounce back!

Christine said...

I am so sorry. I know what you are feeling. Except, I was cut open like a Caesarean. You will feel better... you just gotta stick it out a few more weeks.

Christine said...

P.S. Big hugs.