Saturday, April 03, 2010

I Know My Peeps...






Not the gooey marshmellow kind, the family kind of peeps..AugustRose had her first appointment with the orthopedic on Friday and when we got home, there was a beautiful flower arrangement and balloon treat waiting for her. I knew it. My dad is Mr. Manners when it comes to things like this.
And just so Anna didn't feel left out, she got her Easter card from him in the mail on the same day! A cute card and a couple of dollars to add to her collection! side note: Anna had 16 dollars when we went to Walmart. She wanted this Barbie that was just 15 dollars. She really wanted it.. I explained that if she bought it she would not have any money left. She went back and forth between a little treat set from the $5 and under aisle and the Barbie. She talked it through and kept asking me questions and then when it was time to go, she decided to go with a $3 dollar treat. She wanted to save up for a little while longer so she would not be flat broke! I think that says a lot about her. She is learning about dealing with money, and I am trying NOT to buy her anything treat-like for no reason. I need to give her a chore list so that we can start allowances.
She is getting very good about keeping her room tidy, so I need to add things that would help the house run more smoothly.
We had Friday Night services at Church. I worked the kids section. It is called Black Out Friday and all of the children wear black. We took Phoebe and Sydney. I think they both had a great time. Tonight we colored our eggs and after Church we will come home and have a small egg hunt. This year, Martha's family is going away for Easter Break so we won't be with them.

I am singing at both services tomorrow so I am a bit nervous.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your families.





4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

It's nice to see that your daughter is feeling OK and dealing with her cast.

Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow.

Christine said...

Happy Easter!

Jen Stevens said...

Hope the rest of your Easter celebration was just as great. Anna sounds a lot like Avery with the saving of her money.

Kat said...

I think it's great that you are teaching your girls the value of money at such an early age. It will benefit them so much later on in life.