Thursday, May 06, 2010

man, this sucks...

so I am now 9 days in, and this whole thing sucks. I am still in a bit of pain when I am standing, but it's the other stuff that is really getting me down. First and the worst is the general anxiety.
It's there all day. and it's really making me insane. I cry a lot. I would love to say I am sleeping and relaxing but I am so jittery, that I can't. There is also the restless leg symptons that have started. And with that, I am out of my mind. I am really down, because I am not resting. When I can seem to overcome some of that (after bucketloads of melatonin,) I have the night sweats..And I mean sweats. Like I have just walked out of the tub sweats..
Tomorrow I go to the doctor and will be sharing this with him in hopes that I can get some help. I don't think hormones are an option because I still haven't quit smoking..I would kill for some xanax right about now. I am not sure that's a real option either. Please pray for me. I am so sad and scared that this was a mistake...

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Hmmm... I wonder if I can reverse voodoo doll you and if that would help? Maybe, I'll buy one and sit it on a scene with an unbrella drink and cabana boy... that oughta offset the personal symptoms??? Bahh... if voodoo dolls worked, there would be hell to pay at my agency :) I hope you feel better soon and that the doctor has some answers for you. Sucks to feel bad for this long - no words of wisdom... just hey... thinking of you.

Tina in CT said...

So sad to read this tonight as I was hoping that you'd be feeling much better. From reading your blog, I surmised that you had a plumbing cleanout. Dealing with the hormone upset all of a sudden must be horrible. Nightsweats are horrible. I was fortunate to have a short bout with them. I would be leery of hormone therapy with all the bad side affects. Hope that your doctor will be able to help tomorrow. Sending good thoughts your way!

Annie said...

I don't know if I sounded the "watch out" alarm when you broached this... I did have one friend who went through this and though it a "breeze", wished she'd done it years previous...but for most of my girl friends - it was a long, long road and a very hard one. Not just the surgery, but the other things you suggest. Oh, I wish I lived out there and could drop by and help you out if only by distraction.

Have you actually TOLD your physician how bad it is?

And did you read that some people are GENETICALLY predisposed to being unable to quit smoking? So, stop beating up on yourself about that.

Tina in CT said...

How did you make out at your doctor's appointment?

The Expatresse said...

knew you had some procedure, but had to go way back in your blog to figure out exactly what.

Gee . . .

My S-I-L had a partial (I think) and it took her FOREVER to bounce back. And she's 30-something and in super physical shape. It's a tough road and I get the feeling no one really says so.

Big hugs. I hope you feel better soon. I'm thinking of you.

kate said...

That sounds awful, J. I hope the doctor was able to give you something that will help you to relax and get some rest.