Sunday, August 08, 2010

The Goodbye Girl


What it is about a child that is devastated when she says goodbye? What does that mean?
Too Sensitive?

I don't know what it is about Anna that when she says goodbye to a family member or close family friend, her little heart breaks. She has always been so empathetic, but it is sad to see her little tears fall when we bid a fond fair well to those who we have visited this summer.

Any ideas on how to heal her broken heart? My sister is leaving today and we will see her when we come home in a few weeks...

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sounds like a very sensitive little girl and it shows how much she cares for the person.

Jen Stevens said...

Such a hard thing. Avery tends to be sensitive about those things too. I try and give her a project. A little craft to make for the person that she can give them when she sees them again. Most of the time it occupies her mind enough to make the hurt a little less.

Tina in CT said...

Jen's suggestion is a good one. Also a phone call to her aunt.

Tina in CT said...

Just saw your comment on my daughter's blog. This is typical of Russian red tape. And you want to live there? You know me and my opinion of living in Russia after all I see my daughter going through. It AIN'T a picnic.

My daughter and the girls aren't in DC but at my house in CT but thanks for thinking of them.