Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's A Charlie Brown Kind of Day...

We are riding out our last week in Florida. It's been another lovely, wonderful, awesome, delicious time. My dad has gotten to really "rotten up" my girlz, and I will be spending the next couple of weeks debriefing them and trying to explain that MOMMA doesn't jump for them like their grandpa does..
Our friends from home just left after a week. My girlz are sad to be here without constant playmates, so it's good that they visited at the end of our time here..
I am sadly dreading going back to school. This will be my 20th year. And my dear Margaret has gone onto bigger and better opportunities so I will be working with a brand new assistant.. We got an email about our schedules and it seems that our day has been planned for us down to the hour..Hmmm. After 20 years, you would think I would be able to manage creating my own daily schedule... But oh well, some people need that type of control over things.
And it seems that my HOA is charging me 900.oo because I didn't let them know when I replaced a light bulb on my lamp in my yard..Another "AAUGH" to deal with. Remember when Charlie Brown would tip his head backwards and yell because Lucy would yank the ball away when he went to kick it..Well, that's what I am doing alot of lately...Head tipping and Screaming!


We are leaving our little bit of paradise on Wednesday, and making the hellish drive back to DC...5 States and a million hours...
insert "Aaugh" here.

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Will you do the drive all at once or stop for a night with the girls?

$900 for changing a lightbulb that burned out! Fight it!

Jojo, Julz, Julianne said...

Tina,
we are driving halfway..then stoppping. then we are driving
the rest..
And I am going to the meeting to fight my HOA!!