Sunday, October 03, 2010

Today I told Anna and AugustRose that we wouldn't be going to Russia next year. Anna quickly yelled, "Yeahhh!!!" Then she covered her mouth as if she wanted to take it back. She looked at me, and with those amazing black eyes, let me know that she was not happy, but she has been doing so many fun things that she would miss them..I told her we may try to go for the summer, and I could get a teaching job for just that time..AugustRose then said she wasn't going. She wanted to go to Dadushka's beach house. I let her know that we could invite Dadu to Russia if we went. She was ok with that..
I am working on a lot of possible leads for summer jobs. I wish someone would just sprinkle some FAIRY dust over me, and Poof! All the details would be worked out. Just like it is when you have a good adoption agency, and the work out all the details of your "court trip" and you get to spend that month in Russia enjoying your sweet babies...

Just to update you, I am still very disappointed at my job. Still overwhelmed with my finances...But I give thanks to God for my little girlz. They can be terrors sometimes, they can be spoiled, they make epic messes, and they drive me nuts sometimes, but they are just what I wanted when I begged the Big Guy for children, so I'll take it.
Anna is continuing to go to swim team 4 nights per week, and she starts back to ballet tomorrow. AugustRose is starting ballet and tap..Homework is much more intense in 2nd grade, so needless to say, I don't have much time to feel sorry for myself.. Thank goodness my dad is her for a couple of weeks. Just having another adult in the house gives me a break. PLUS he is a great cook! and the girlz love him soooo!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Going for a summer program sounds like a good idea.

Sounds like your girls are in a lot of activities. Busy for them and you the mom/driver.

Enjoy your dad's visit. I take it he must be retired so he can come and stay for an extended visit.

Believe me, I know what you mean about finances.

Fall is really here in CT and I am so happy that the heat and humidity are behind us.

Annie said...

Children don't know what they want, and in retrospect, I think I'd pay a bit less attention to their opining.

Sorry you don't have anything to look forward to. I know how that feels. Boy, do I. But I also know how joyful it is to have these amazing "miracle" children to love.

Praise God for that!!! If you find those summer jobs - let me know!

Jen Stevens said...

A summer job sounds like the best of both worlds to me. I'll be praying that the opportunity will come along.