Friday, December 16, 2011

4

4school days til a break in the chaos..4 work days til I can stop worrying about things/children that only belong to me for 8 hours a day..4 more wake up days that fill me with anxiety and dread...

It's no one's fault. It's just the way the ball bounces at Title I schools. There's a reason that the government pays off the student loans of teachers at schools like mine. They are places full of teachers who desperately want to help children, but are hindered often by the parents of those very students..

My lil sibling who lost her sister is just pitiful. Several kids in my class cry a lot. Several of them also are convinced with every Boo-Boo that they may die. I have used 100's of bandages in a week. They all just need reassurance that they are okay..Bless their hearts. This week was full of hugs. Today on the playground, one lil gal who left school yesterday with a toothache, sat on my lap..and fell asleep. Her took throbbing,  (I wanted to keep her at school at least through lunch) I rubbed her jaw and she seemed to get a lil rest. Again, bless their hearts...

My own lil gals are in the bed with me tonight..I feel guilty. Something has to give. My head spins as I try to imagine where I will find the time to look for another teaching job. Honestly, it might be time for another lil break. I took one 8 years into my teaching career, and it was a savior. If I could take another one, I think I might be okay for the final stretch. I have 9 more years til' full retirement. If I kept going, that would mean right about the time college will start for my girlz, I will retire....And start a new job..Hmmm...
Not sure about that one..

Ok..just checkin' in..

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sorry this is so hard for you - ANY teacher has a hard time THIS week! In our area the kids are off all next week, which is great for the teachers, who can get ready for Christmas, but stressful for the mamas.

I wish we could trade jobs for a bit....well, no; I want to trade with the third grade teacher. NEVER could do kindergarten.